Hey guys! if you would like to know how to make this then please keep on reading :-D. This recipe was actually created by my sister (shout out to her!!! for the best recipe ever). Lets start by stating what Paneer is- which is a type of milk curd cheese typically used in Indian cooking.
Serves: 5 Cooking time: 1 hour Inc. prep
- Paneer 250g
- 1 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp of red food colouring (powder)
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 large peppers thickly chopped (preferably green)
- 4 chillies (or however much you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1) Firstly, cut the paneer block into big cubes (3cm approx.) then add to a large mixing bowl. To the bowl add the egg and the red food colouring and mix well until it is all combined.(as picture shows)
2) Add oil to a wok on a low-medium heat and fry the paneer until egg is cooked, mix paneer thoroughly so the egg doesn’t burn at the bottom, but doing it carefully so you don’t break the cheese.- the paneer should be light brown all over, once at this point move into another clean bowl. (as picture shows)
3) On the same wok, add oil again and sweat the onions and garlic on a low heat making sure it doesn’t burn, then season to taste. Add the chillies to the pan and allow to cook for a couple of minutes with the lid on. After add the soy sauce and the ketchup and cook on low heat with the lid on, (optional) you can add the seeds of the peppers if you want to. (as picture shows)
4) Once the sauce has reduced to a thick consistency add the paneer back into the sauce and mix. Add the peppers in with the paneer also and cook until pepper is cooked but still retains its crunch.
Serve with fresh white rice!
Business Enquiries: Mylifeasishan.firstname.lastname@example.org